If you’ve been looking for catering services in Austin, TX, you’ve come to the right place in Alchemy Catering. However, you might not have come to the right blog. You see, this is part two of a two-part series where we offer up a few tips of the trade, if you will. That’s why we’d recommend you stop reading this blog as soon as this sentence is concluded so that you get the proper context that part one provided.
If you aren’t in the mood for navigating away from this blog, the long and the short of part one was that you should determine your budget prior to falling in love with a particular caterer. Secondly, we recommended finding an Austin catering company with an overt dedication to active listening.
Depending on the nature of your event, you might have certain guests with dietary requests and/or restrictions. You want to find an experienced, professional caterer who can pay attention to details without losing sight of the bigger picture. For our part, Alchemy Catering makes a point to be extremely flexible with our budget. We also love collaborating with our customers to make their select wishes a reality. It’s really one of our favorite parts about this career!
Alright, let’s proceed with part two, regardless of if you’ve read part one or not; we’ve done all we can to convince you!
It’s time we provide the remaining three things you should know when looking for the best caterers in Austin, so let’s get going!
Do Your Research
Take it from us: there’s no shortage of factors that you need to do your due-diligence on when figuring out which local catering company is right for you. We’ve addressed budgetary concerns and finding the right kind of personality in your caterer, but there are several other elements, among them being:
- Ask Your Friends & Colleagues – Ask your family too. Ask strangers on the street, for that matter! Well, maybe not the last one, but the point is that you shouldn’t be shy about asking around. You just might hear about a particular caterer who is exceptional!
- Cuisine & Event Specialties – Not all caterers are created equally, and that’s a good thing! Some specialize in office catering, some with wedding catering, while others might be well-experienced in certain social events or parties. We are experienced in all three here at Alchemy Catering, and we can’t forget about our Austin meal planning specialty either!
- Ask For References – Once you’ve narrowed your pool of candidates down to a shortlist, it’s perfectly acceptable to ask the handful of caterers for a list of references. Ask them if they have testimonials, reviews, or other customer-provided accounts. You can check out our testimonials and Google reviews at your convenience!
- Schedule A Tasting Appointment – If you are new to the world of catering, you should know it’s completely acceptable to ask the caterer for a sample presentation of the event’s menu. If you’d like to see the table setup as well, all you have to do is ask! Once you’ve determined what menu items are a priority, we can then provide a sample quotation before drawing up a contract with the specifics.
- Read The Entire Contract – No matter how reputable the Austin caterer you have in mind might be, it’s crucial that you read the entirety of the contract before signing. What’s more, you should have already made sure that said catering company is licensed. You can check your local health department to ensure that there are no red flags.
Decide On What Catering Services You Need
If you’ve done a good amount of research, it should become clear to you that the default services provided vary quite a bit from caterer to caterer. For example, some caterers can provide a full wait staff for your event, while others might only be willing to drop off the food and split! Of course, there are budgetary factors worth weighing up against each service’s benefit, so it’s really up to you to find the best Austin caterer for your unique needs. It starts by asking the caterer about these kinds of things! Or, at the very least, you’d hope to find a caterer that voluntarily provides this information for your benefit, like we do at Alchemy Catering!
Who Is Making Your Food?
You might find plenty of Austin catering companies that make sure you know they have “x number of years of experience.” We wouldn’t ever say experience is meaningless, but we would argue that knowing who it is “behind the curtain” making your food is much more valuable. From our customers’ perspectives, they know that choosing Alchemy Catering means they have a formally-trained registered dietitian and a graduate of Texas Culinary Academy cooking their food.
At Alchemy Catering, we have a deep passion for sourcing high-quality ingredients, creating inspired dishes with input from our customers, and generally taking the stress off of our customers’ plates — replacing it with delicious food prepared by chefs Kristin and Preston!
Choose The Best Catering In Austin, TX
We hope you’ve enjoyed this two-part series in which we highlight a few of the more important elements of finding the best catering company in your region. Whether you live in Austin or elsewhere, you should be able to apply a few of these tips to help guide your search!
If you do indeed live near Cedar Park and Austin, reach out to us at your convenience!